Okay, so when I decorated Nicky's new house for him I did a TON of DIY crafts. In fact, most of his house consists of crafts that I have done. But I think that the most common one I am asked how to do is this gold and glitter mason jar. I have them on tall candle sticks filled with fake hydrangeas throughout the house. They are pretty eye catching and I absolutely love the chicness they add to a room. If you can't tell by the layout of my blog......I LOVE GLITTER. haha. I hate doing crafts with it, because it gets everywhere, but I still love how it looks. This project is quite simple.
1. I spray paint the jar with a metallic gold (whatever I find at walmart). Tips : Spray paint at a distance otherwise the paint runs and you can see it // Flip on the other end when the first layer dries completely and spray paint the bottom at an even farther distance // If you are buying a few cans of spray paint then buy them at walmart, it is cheaper, if you are only buying one then use the 40% off coupon and buy it at Michaels or JoAnn's
2. Wait for it to dry completely, usually like an hour or two
3. I taped my old sewing tape measure across the bottom half of the jar. I used a tape measure because I wrapped it around multiple times so it had a cleaner, sharper edge. Otherwise the modpodge and glitter can droop and seep through a thin layer of tape.
4. I painted modpodge all over the bottom of the jar with a sponge brush and then poured glitter on it. Then I sprayed clear acrylic spray sealer over it to keep the glitter from getting everywhere.
5. I added a burlap rope bow around.