So I know I stopped writing on my blog a little while ago....but guess what!? I am definitely getting back into it!! So, I decided to give you guys 20 random facts about me, so you all can get to know me better!
1. I love to dance. But not like anything choreographed. Preferably any Sean Paul / Spanish music. Anything where I can try to do my best Shakira impressions haha
2. I hate Thanksgiving food. Mashed potatoes make me want to barf.
3. I am actually super introverted. If I am in a situation where I don't know anyone, I might come off as awkward or standoffish but it's really because I can be really shy, and I never know how to make small talk haha.
4. I love sports. I played volleyball, basketball and ran track in high school. My sister plays professional basketball in Australia, and my brother played baseball with the Orioles, and then went back to play college basketball. So my life pretty much always revolved around sports. I coach Volleyball, and play in an adult league still.
6. I'm obsessed with 90's hip hop. Like seriously, play Tupac and i'll rap it for you.
7. I have four dogs, and i'm pretty much obsessed.
8. My sweet mama takes almost all of my pictures. Struck the jackpot with that one right!?
9. I've actually set the record at multiple arcades for the basketball shooting game. You can say it's my hidden talent haha
10. I put hot sauce or crushed red peppers on everything because I love spicy food. Chips and (hot) salsa is legitimately my favorite food.
11. I go to bed at like 4 or 5 almost every morning, My mind always decides to wake up and work on projects in the middle of the night. But I still loveeee to sleep.
12. I'm Catholic, and never miss church. I love it. I volunteered forever in the church preschool, grade school, and high school youth groups.
13. My mom still yells at me to clean my room
14. I don't cuss.
15. I don't like alcohol. I love to go out, but i'll maybe have like two drinks a year.....if that haha
16. My family is my everything. My parents are the best ever. And my siblings are my best friends in the whole wide world. But you won't ever see us be lovey dovey. We speak through sarcasm and teasing. (My brother used to trip me in the hallways in high school) I'm also the runt. I'm 5'8, my sisters are 5'9 and 6'2 and my brother is 6'3.
17. I've been to 18 countries so far! It's actually one of the reasons I still live at home, so I can just save my money and be able to travel. Yes, i'm 26 and still live at home, but in doing so I have been able to explore the world!!
18. I run a non-profit called What Matters where I give makeovers to domestic abuse victims, which I'm also designing a whole clothing line for a fundraiser fashion show next March.
19. On a more serious note, After a bad breakup, I borderline struggled with depression for the past two years. It was an every day struggle for me. I was always randomly crying (not in public though haha) and my self esteem was pretty low. Although I was still able to accomplish most of my daily tasks, I lacked direction and motivation, and if you were to go back and look through my Instagram you can see I rarely had a real smile on my face.
20. I got my associates degree in fashion design in 2013, but I decided to go back and get my bachelors degree in Non Profit this fall. And i'm actually really excited - even though I have always hated school! Setting real goals is what pulled me out of my struggles and has brought me back to being myself again. In the meantime while I go back to school, I decided to sell Stella and Dot jewelry so I can focus on my future career! | www.stelladot.com/claireplaneta |
If you have any questions for me below, i'll answer ASAP. In the meantime, follow along for some fun new posts I have been working on. Yay for motivation right!?
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
- Matthew 6:21